Pages

Sunday 15 April 2012

Trains and the Titanic

Just a quick update - in between all the studying and exams!
(3 down - Biopsych, Chem, and Physics, 2 to go - Physiology, and Anthro)

Britrail was having a sale (which ends tomorrow actually, so I just made it on time), where when you buy a pass, you get an extra day of travel free. So, since I plan to do a bit more than work while I'm in UK I cashed in. I bought a Britrail England flexipass, which is good for 8(plus 1 free = 9) days of travel anytime in 2 months. And it goes by days of travel, not number of trains. So I could take 7 trains in one day if I wanted... Not that I'm going to.

Taken from http://login.greatbignews.com/userfiles/166/continentaltravelweeklynewsfeb14-08.htm

This means I could take 9 day trips
Or, 4 weekend trips and a day trip
Or, 5 day trips and 2 weekend trips
Or, 3 weekend trips and 3 day trips
Or, 7 day trips and 1 weekend trip

Also, being a youth really has it's perks, (besides the whole no reading glasses, achy bones, over-forty scatter-brainedness), because I got 20% off the Britrail pass just because I'm younger than 26!

I'm also going to cash in on the whole Titanic craze that's happening now. I am a history lover. I find it fascinating and the Titanic is no exception. (I also happen to LOVE the 1997 movie with Kate Winslet and Leonardo Dicaprio, but who doesn't! - don't answer that Mum and Dad. And Spencer has been forced agreed to come see it with me in 3D, he loves me very much!)
Anyways,
Belfast, has created this museum type place right on top of the shipyard where the Titanic was built. And it looks amazing! www.titanicbelfast.com

Taken from http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/mar/23/titanic-belfast-guggenheim-bilbao

I guess I should go back to studying now...

2 comments:

  1. Your dad and I would happily go to the Titanic museum in Belfast with you. Just not to see the movie ha ha.

    mum
    rubber boots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure where you get the idea that over-40s have "scatter-brainedness." You don't know anyone like that... =)

    Dad xo

    ReplyDelete