Pages

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Chester

Sorry everyone, I seem to be slacking on the blog front. But that's because I'm so busy all the time!
I am at the farm now, and I have been for just over a week. It's in the small town of Saughall Massie, and is called Barnacre. It's not too far by train from Liverpool or Chester though.
I'm going to give you a full update on the farm once I leave - specific things that I've been doing, and how the place runs. I know that probably seems like an an empty promise.... sorry!

Anyways! Sailing with my relatives was definitely amazing. Also, they keep their boat in Wales, so I got to drive through Wales for quite awhile. It's a beautiful area of the UK. And we went a more roundabout way home so that I could see more of the area - including Snowdonia National Park. Another thing about Wales, is that all the signs are in Welsh and English. It looks like gibberish...but it's cool that they're trying to keep their culture alive!

My relatives also took me to the Roman city of Chester. It was a race day (horse racing) so the town was really busy. Originally, the whole city was walled, but obviously now it has grown!
Clock on the Wall

View of the Town Centre from the Wall

Old Roman Garden

The day after Chester, I came to the farm. I knew that my relatives and the farm were both near Liverpool, but I didn't know how close to each other they were. Turns out they were about 10 min away from each other! So, luckily for me my Aunt and Uncle were able to drive me here!

Somehow I managed to arrive the day before two days off =)
The first day a couple of other helpers and I took the train to Liverpool, we wandered around a bit and went to two museums (FREE, just like in London). The next day we went to Chester - again. But this time we went because the Olympic Torch was going through! Both days were nice and sunny which was lovely. We followed the crowds of people to a nice park, while we waited for the torch.
Me and some other helpers at the farm

The Torch - another torch came through first, and we were really confused. We didn't know if it was the real thing or not - turns out it wasn't!


Chester Cathedral

Random Teacup Carving

Some Locks

Jody caught a duckling

Playing cards while waiting for a train on the way home

And that's basically what I did until the farm work started! But as I said, I'll give a better update on that on the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment