Pages

Thursday 24 May 2012

London Activities

Time to update on what I've been doing since my tour finished.
I spent two days on the outskirts of London, not doing much. Just caught up on emails, this blog, and sleep!
Then I went into London last Sunday afternoon for three nights, and 2 full days. On Monday I went to the BUNAC centre to scan some things and pick up my UK sim card which came in the mail. Speaking of which, you can send me mail!

Anna Matthews
16 Bowling Green Lane
London, United Kingdom
EC1R 0QH

I might not get it instantaneously, because I'll have to be in London to pick it up, but I will be in London again eventually!

After going to the BUNAC centre, I went to the British Museum. Besides all the amazing things that the British Museum contains, the fact that makes it even better is that it's FREE! Almost all of the Museums in London are free, and that includes all the big ones. Victoria and Albert, Museum of London, Science Museum, Museum of Natural History etc.
British Museum

A Human Headed Winged Lion, which came from a Palace in Mesopotamia

The Rosetta Stone!

An Egyptian Mummy

What the London 2012 Medals are going to look like

Also on Monday I went to see Billy Elliot! I went to the box office in the morning and picked up some Day Tickets, for only £19.50! I was in the very front row, but really I didn't miss anything. The kid who played Billy was brilliant, he definitely has an amazing future in front of him! But really, the whole production was amazing!


On Tuesday the sun came out, and has stayed since then! It's been wonderful. Anyways, Tuesday morning I went on a "Beatles Walking Tour". For a Beatles fan like myself, it was really cool. And there definitely was a good range of people on the walk, from old Hippies, to younger kids, to people from Japan. 
The Registry Office where Paul married Linda, and Ringo married Barbara

34 Monagu Square - An apartment that Ringo owned, but Jimi Hendrix lived here at one point, and John lived here with Yoko later

The site of the Beatles first commercial venture, the Apple Boutique on Baker St.
This is what it looked like back when the Beatles ran it!

57 Wimpole St - The Asher Family home, where Paul lived with Jane Asher, and he wrote Yesterday in the basement

Abbey Road Studios

I added my name to the legions of other Beatles fans who've signed outside of the studios

Abbey Road Crossing!

After the tour I found a park by Thames to eat lunch in the sunshine. And then in the evening I went to Wicked! Again I went to the box office in the morning, and this time I got a student discount. I got a seat worth £62.50 for £27.50, less than half price! One of the best seats in the house. And of course, the show was amazing!

I did have some adventures in my hostel, but they were not the hostels fault. I was in a room with a bunch of Spanish Boys who decided that coming in at 1am and turning on the light and being noisy for an hour was an appropriate thing to do. Not impressed. Ah well.

Now, however, I'm staying with my Mum's Aunt and Uncle on the Wirral Peninsula. They've been wonderfully kind to me, and we're going sailing on their boat tomorrow, which I'm very excited for! I'm heading to a farm nearby on Sunday, and I'll be there for 2 weeks. So my next update will be from there most likely!

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you are really making the oct of almost every moment Anna. I remember going to the V&A museum with Tim's cousin to see a display of wedding dresses through the ages. It was gorgeous. Also had similar memories of boys in our hostel room when I was in Mexico - is it boys in general who just don't think I wonder??

    Have a lovely time with your relies and enjoy your time on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a some good R and R before you put your farm wellies on. : )

    ReplyDelete