Pages

Saturday 31 March 2012

Ready to Go (Mostly)

I officially have everything I need to get to the UK and work!

As I said last post, my visa was accepted. Two business days later SWAP sent me my "final kit".
In it was my two passports, my current one has the visa pasted onto one of the pages. However, that was not all that was in it.
My final Kit from SWAP

SWAP also sent along a ton of useful info. Like info about bank accounts: what they require to get an account, how much they cost per month, how long you need to have the account for etc. Another thing SWAP sent was "The Swapper.s Guide to the UK" which has basically everything you need to know. From where the hosting centre is, sample resumes (called CV's in England), travel information, and so much more.

And, of course they sent some Government of Canada safety type guides. Which I'm sure have to helpful information, but are not nearly as interesting.

I have also booked my flights!
They were not the cheapest I could find, it's true, but they do seem the most flexible if I do have to come home early or something. (And I would only have saved 100 dollars, which doesn't make a huge difference when you're spending a thousand)
I'm going to be flying with Air Canada, leaving on May 7th and returning August 22nd. A total of 108 days I believe.

I've also been trying to use my UK network of relatives to see about finding possible jobs. Nothing has turned up so far, but I'm not too worried. Even I end up doing some menial job like washing dishes, I don't mind too much. I'd rather wash dishes in England than here at home! However, if any of you know of some fabulous job I could do for the summer, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. make sure you read those Government of Canada publications cover to cover - they contain very important information, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete