Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Catch Up and Arrival

I suppose I have some catching up to do, but as I said, it was a busy week.

After a couple of days of avoiding all my responsibilities, I got down to work. I asked my previous 2 employers for reference letters, got pounds from the bank, and got some plain coloured t-shirts that will go with everything.

Then came the packing.

This was the original mess. I had to take some things out, and put some different things in. I didn't want to bring a second bag, because A) I wanted to be able to carry things relatively easily, and B) Adding a second bag on international Air Canada flights is $70. Yeah. It's ridiculous.
However, this is what I ended up with. The black bag weighing out at 40lbs, just 10lbs under the limit.


Also, as I said I wanted to pick up small tokens of gratitude for the people who let me stay with them. I bought some Denman Island Chocolate. Denman Island is just off the coast from where I live, so it's pretty local!

I also mentioned that it was my brother's Prom this past weekend. He looked very handsome in his suit, and I'm going to miss him this summer.

And to Spencer, I hope your birthday was wonderful, and your year is even better. Thank you for driving me to the airport, and being so supportive of this trip. I love you!

However, now I'm officially in England. I went through customs no problem, and got to where I'm staying, very easily. It's overwhelming being here, knowing nobody.. The houses are very different. All brick and very close together. It's kind of strange. Everybody has been very friendly so far though. Although, I have had one person already thinking that Canada is a state... Oh boy.

Anyways, I should probably head to bed. I've got a big day tomorrow, heading into Central London by myself.

1 comment:

  1. Time to educate the Brits about the Commonwealth!

    Mum

    ReplyDelete